- Map of the Campus
- Cafeterias and Student Restaurants on Campus
- The Physics Department Building hosts on its zeroth level a Cafeteria which opens from 8 am to 11 pm from monday to sunday.
- The Rector's and Vicerector's Office Building, located just next to the Physics Department, hosts a Students Restaurant opening 8 am to 9:30 pm from monday to sunday. It serves breakfast, lunch (12:30pm to 5:30 pm) and dinner (6:30pm to 9:30pm) for reasonable prices. Note that the restaurant is closed during the Christmas and Easter periods. Dining is free of charge for university students upon display of a valid students ID.
- The Restaurant in the nearby FORTH research institute opens 8 am to 6 pm mondays to fridays. It serves lunch starting 12:30 pm.
- The Campus Gym
- The University operates a Gym on Voutes Campus just next to the Physics Department, including a gym, a swimming pool and several team sport games. It is located in the white building on the west side of the university campus, and can be easily found on the following map.
- Opening hours are 12pm till 7pm mondays till fridays. The gym is closed during Christmas and Easter periods, as well as during the semester break (mid July until end of August).
- Only students of the university, employees and the employee's family members are allowed to use the gym's facilities upon display of a usage card which is issued after successful registration. To register, the following documents are needed:
- Application form (has to be completed in the Secretariat of the gym)
- Two coloured ID card size photographs
- Health certificates of a pathologist and a dermatologist (forms can be found here)
- For Students: Studies Certificate from the Secretary of the Department
- For Employees: Work Contract
- Usage of the gym's facilities and of the swimming pool is free of charge.
- For more information contact Mr Stelios Zacharioudakis under +30 2810 39 3427, +30 2810 39 5232 or via email under email@example.com. See also the gym's website.
- University Clubs
- There exists a variety of university clubs specialising in different pastimes and activites. For more information consult http://www.en.uoc.gr/studies-at-uni/university-societies/university-societies-info.html
The International Relations Office
- The International Relations Office helps foreign students coming to Heraklion as well as local students to go abroad, in particular in the framework of the ERASMUS program. For more information consult http://www.uoc.gr/intrel/uk/cat_4_1.htm or contact Ms Gely Cosma under +30 2810 39 3225.
- The Library
- The University library is open to students and researchers of the University of Crete. To find out how you can access it and get a library card, please contact the Library (http://www.en.uoc.gr/studies-at-uni/the-library/library.html).
... back to Visitors page